Eight years ago today my M/M/F romance novel, Something More was released at Loose Id. Although Something More was the third novel I penned, it was the first to be released to the public. It’s crazy to think I’ve been a published author for eight years and a serious writer for over a decade now. Time flies when you’re doing something you love.
This week the Tuesday 10 is all about the pros and cons of self-publishing. I’ve listed five of each. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.
1. You control price and cover
2. Publication is almost instant
3. Easy to implement changes
4. Without a publisher serving as a middle man, you get to keep all the profits
5. Retaining complete creative control of the project
1. You’re responsible for professional editing, formatting, and cover art
2. Greater potential to publish substandard books
3. All the upfront costs and financial risk belong to the author
4. If you publish in print, it’s almost impossible to get copies in book stores
5. You’re on your own with legal matters if you should be unfortunate enough to have your work pirated or plagiarized
Want the latest news delivered straight to your inbox?
Thank you! You have successfully subscribed to Amanda Young's newsletter.